The Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) at the University of Notre Dame is responsible for the review and approval of research conducted at or sponsored by the University which involves the use of recombinant DNA or hazardous materials. These materials include, but are not limited to, infectious agents, oncogenic agents, chemical carcinogens, or other agents which may place research personnel, the public, or the environment at risk.
IBC Appointed Members
- Eric Felde, JD, CIP, Director, Research Compliance
- Eric Kloss, PhD, Associate Director, Risk Management & Safety
- Joseph O’Tousa, PhD, Professor, Biological Sciences
- Lisa Phillips, Lab Safety Compliance Program Manager, Risk Management & Safety
- Mary Prorok, PhD (Chair), Assistant Chair, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Timm Schabbel (Community Member), Chief, Clay Fire Territory
- Nakesha Alexander (Alternate Regulatory Chair), IRB Program Coordinator, Notre Dame Research Compliance
Upcoming IBC Meeting Dates
- June 21, 2017
Need More Information?
For questions on biosafety please contact the Associate Vice President with responsibility for Research Compliance or email email@example.com.
For general information on Risk Management and Safety at the University of Notre Dame, please see http://riskmanagement.nd.edu/.