NDR Cares Committee
The NDR Cares Committee is dedicated to helping and supporting Notre Dame Research (NDR) employees during times of hardship, such as damaging weather, unexpected loss, and other unforeseen circumstances.
Employees and managers can contact NDRCares@nd.edu should you or one of your employees experience hardship. NDR Cares will review the request and respond with potential resources and/or options that may be able to assist.
Want to Help?
The care and concern for colleagues is paramount in fostering togetherness within NDR. If you are in need, please know that NDR is here to help. To assist NDR teammates who are requesting help due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, please complete this volunteer sign-up.
NDR Cares aims to strengthen the community through various volunteering opportunities throughout the year. All volunteering opportunities scheduled during business hours require supervisor approval. Upcoming opportunities will be announced via the weekly internal newsletter, Dome to Den.
This information may help employees identify avenues for material and spiritual assistance. Know of a good resource that should be added to this list? Contact NDRCares@nd.edu.
- Well-Being for Life: Compilation of resources to support employees' well-being in five dimensions (emotional, financial, physical, social, and spiritual)
- LifeWorks: Notre Dame employee assistance program to support mental health needs. Login with username "notredame" and password "gond".
- Notre Dame/United Way Compassion Fund: Financial assistance for Notre Dame faculty and staff.
- Bright Horizons: Child and elderly care needs, included in Notre Dame benefits.
- Campus Ministry: Information about live-streaming Mass, sacrament schedules, faculty or staff chaplaincy, and support groups.
Community & State Resources
- United Way of St. Joseph County's "DIAL 211": Hotline to help residents find resources with items such as utilities, food, childcare, etc. Resources change frequently.
- United Way COVID-19 Fund: ND community partner serving not-for-profit partners with additional funds to respond to the immediate needs of individuals and families due to the economic impact of COVID-19.
- Elkhart County Emergency Rental Assistance Program: Instructions on how to apply for rental and utility assistance for qualifying households.
- Food Assistance Availability Map: Search available food resources by address or zip code.
- IN Child Care: Indiana child care finder.
- State of Indiana: Food assistance (SNAP), cash assistance (TANF), and health coverage (Medicaid).
- City of South Bend: COVID-19 food support via schools, food pantries, etc.
- United Way of Southwest Michigan's "DIAL 211": Hotline to help residents find resources with items such as utilities, food, childcare, etc. Resources change frequently.
- MI Child Care: Michigan child care finder.
- State of Michigan: Applications for assistance with food, cash, utilities, health coverage.
The NDR Cares Committee includes Janet Kenyon, Jessica Reyes, Katie Rutledge, Jessica Schiller, Joey Summers, Susan Tuskan, and Brandi Wampler. If you are interested in joining NDR Cares, please contact Susan Tuskan, NDR Cares Chair.