How can I increase my motivation?
Although it is natural to experience ups and downs at work, what is the secret to increasing motivation? Or reviving it when it feels decimated? This week’s video explores how to pursue autonomy, mastery, and purpose in the workplace with a bonus motivator: relationships. Grab some coffee or your lunch and settle in to watch this video [13 min]. Then try the activities below--don’t forget to take the poll!
You may download a transcript of the video by clicking here.
Help us understand YOUR motivation. Consider what essential element of intrinsic motivation drives you most greatly at work: Autonomy, Mastery, Purpose, or Relationships. Then fill out this 30-second poll on Google Forms. If you have a “go-to method” for kickstarting your motivation, share it here, too.
Take to Your Team
Set aside a few minutes in your next team meeting to watch this week’s video and share around the room about what element of intrinsic motivation drives you the most. Be ready to share why you chose your answer.
- 5 Questions About Motivation with Daniel Pink – Sarah Goff-Dupot, Atlassian, Sept. 16, 2019
- 7 Months into the Pandemic and I’m Losing Motivation Help! – Tim Herrera, NYTimes, Oct. 22, 2020
- How to Thrive When Everything Feels Terrible – Christine Porath and Mike Porath, Harvard Business Review, Oct. 30, 2020
- Feeling Overwhelmed, Here’s How to Get Through the Workday – Alice Boyes, Harvard Business Review, Nov. 2, 2020
- What to Do When You Feel Uninspired at Work –Tim Herrera, NYTimes, Aug. 12, 2019