NDR Cares is a resource dedicated to helping and supporting Notre Dame Research (NDR) employees during times of hardship, such as damaging weather, unexpected loss, and other unforeseen circumstances.
Employees and managers can contact NDRCares@nd.edu should you or one of your employees experience hardship. NDR Cares will review the request and respond with potential resources and/or options that may be able to assist.
Want to Help?
The care and concern for colleagues is paramount in fostering togetherness within NDR. If you are in need, please know that NDR is here to help. To assist NDR teammates who are requesting help during/after the Coronavirus pandemic, please complete this volunteer sign-up.
This information may help employees identify opportunities for assistance. Resources are currently updated to reflect the COVID-19 pandemic. Know of a good resource that should be added to this list? Contact NDRCares@nd.edu.
- University COVID-19 Resources: FAQs on student life, operations, academics, athletics, etc.
- NDR COVID-19 Resources: Information on research continuity, FAQs, guidelines, updates from VPR, etc.
- St. Joseph County, IN COVID-19 Updates
- Elkhart County, IN COVID-19 Updates
- Berrien County, MI COVID-19 Updates
- City of South Bend: Resources for food and utility support, child care, volunteer opportunities, and small business support.
- South Bend Chamber of Commerce: Guidance for businesses on the coronavirus and community resources.
- United Way of St. Joseph County's "DIAL 211": Hotline to help residents find resources with items such as utilities, food, childcare, etc. Resources change frequently.
- United Way of Southwest Michigan's "DIAL 211": Hotline to help residents find resources with items such as utilities, food, childcare, etc. Resources change frequently.
- Bright Horizons: Child and elderly care needs, included in Notre Dame benefits.
- IN Child Care: Indiana child care finder.
- MI Child Care: Michigan child care finder.
- Notre Dame/United Way Compassion Fund: Financial assistance for Notre Dame faculty and staff.
- State of Indiana: Food assistance (SNAP), cash assistance (TANF), and health coverage (Medicaid).
- State of Michigan: Applications for assistance with food, cash, utilities, health coverage.
- Crossfit South Bend: Free online recess classes for kids and parents.
- At-Home Workouts: Free at home workouts from Les Mills.
- LifeWorks: Notre Dame employee assistance program to support mental health needs. Login with username "notredame" and password "gond".
- Campus Ministry: Mass from the Basilica of the Sacred Heart Monday through Saturday.
- CatholicTV: Mass from the Basilica of the Sacred Heart on Sundays.
- Fr. Jim Bracke, C.S.C. & Fr. Frank Murphy, C.S.C.: University chaplains are available when working remotely.
- Christian World Media: Protestant services available.
- Food Assistance Availability Map: Available food resources near you.
- City of South Bend: COVID-19 food support via schools, food pantries, etc.
- Walgreens: Free prescription delivery service.
- Instacart: Delivery service to have groceries, pet supplies, or other items delivered to your door from many stores.
- Shipt: Delivery service to have groceries, pet supplies, or other items delivered to your door from many stores.
- United Way COVID-19 Fund: ND community partner serving not-for-profit partners with additional funds to respond to the immediate needs of individuals and families due to economic impact of COVID-19.
- United Way COVID-19 Fundraiser - Side by Side T-shirts: ND community partner providing emergency food assistance via fundraiser.
- Youth Services Bureau of St. Joseph County: Serving homeless youth, teen mothers and their children, and more. Critical needs include disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer, and forehead scan thermometers. NDR Contact: Kristin Michel.
NDR Cares aims to strengthen community through various volunteering opportunities throughout the year. All volunteering opportunities scheduled during business hours require supervisor approval. Please check the NDR Community Newsletter for upcoming opportunities.
The NDR Cares Committee includes Andrew Brown, Janet Kenyon, Jessica Reyes, Katie Rutledge, Jessica Schiller, Joey Summers, Susan Tuskan, and Brandi Wampler. If you are interested in joining NDR Cares, please contact Andrew Brown, NDR Cares Chair.