The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) will present four awards to the University of Notre Dame at the association’s annual assembly Dec. 9 to 11 in Chicago — among several recent acknowledgments for the University’s advancement offices.
Among the CASE awards:
• Strategic Content and Marketing Communications placed first in Best Website, Individual Page or Section, for “Serendipity,” by Brendan O’Shaughnessy, about a student club that creates 3D-printed hands.
• Strategic Content and Marketing Communications received an honorable mention in Excellence in Feature Writing, Individual, for “Serendipity.”
• Notre Dame Magazine placed second in Best Cover (Magazine, Tabloid or Brochure) for “What Could Go Wrong?” a spring cover on technology.
Two additional Notre Dame Magazine pieces were recognized separately from the CASE awards:
• “The Story Catcher,” by Michael McGregor, was cited among the “other notable essays” in this year’s volume of “Best American Essays.”
• “To Forgive a Killer,” by Rev. Sharon Risher, as told to Abby Pesta, earned a Front Page Award from the Newswomen’s Club of New York as well as first place in essays and criticism at the 2018 Folio Show in New York City.
Originally published by news.nd.edu on November 19, 2018.at