Checklists and Training
Checklists for the National Institutes of Health and National Science Foundation help researchers prepare their proposal or reporting documentation:
NIH Checklist includes:
- Other Support & Just-in-Time
NSF Checklist includes:
- Current and Pending
In addition to teaching and research, Notre Dame researchers contribute to their fields by serving as reviewers for funding agencies, journals, and more.
Information gained through peer review processes – whether reviewing grant applications or publications – is confidential and should not be shared with anyone outside those processes. The Collins letter specifically reminds the research community to adhere to the confidentiality of these processes.
Researchers of all stages are invited to take the course, Undue Foreign Influence: Risks and Mitigations, as part of Notre Dame's subscription to the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) program.
ACCESS THE MODULE
- Log-in through Notre Dame using Okta here.
- Select "I don't have a CITI Program account and I need to create one." If you have a CITI account, please log-in and skip to Step 4.
- Click the blue button, "Create a New CITI Program Account."
- Under Institutional Courses heading, click the blue button, "View Courses" to the right of University Notre Dame.
- This will take you to a page that lists your active CITI courses. Scroll down the page and click "Add a Course," which is the first bullet under Learner Tools for the University of Notre Dame heading.
- Review content on the Select Curriculum page and then click the "Continue to Question 1 at this time."
- Answer the questions to enroll in appropriate courses and click the blue "Submit" button at the bottom of the page. Note: Clicking "Yes" for Question 11 will enroll you in the Undue Foreign Influence Module.
- This will return you the active CITI courses page. Click the blue "Start Now" button for Undue Foreign Influence: Risks and Mitigations, which is under the Courses Ready to Begin header.
NDRA Module on Undue Foreign Influence & Research Security
All ND-credentialed users can access the ND Researcher Training portal, which houses a module on “Undue Foreign Influence & Research Security.” Researchers at all stages are encouraged to educate themselves about undue foreign influence and research security and help NDR preserve and strengthen the research reputation of the University and to protect our researchers’ important work from unwarranted scrutiny.
ACCESS THE MODULE
- Log-in through Notre Dame using Okta: enuggetlearning.com/login/saml/ND_okta_NDRtraining
- Click "Register Now" and confirm registration for "Module 3: Undue Foreign Influence & Research Security"
- Then visit enuggetlearning.com/NDRtraining/ht/46819 to begin the module
Training questions may be directed to the Research Training Program Manager.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Please contact the Associate Vice President for Research for more information regarding safeguarding research from undue foreign influence.