Summer Research Opportunities
Summer Research Opportunities for Undergraduate Students
Undergraduate students interested in summer research opportunities at the University of Notre Dame are invited to explore the program areas listed below. These programs provide a broad range of topics in engineering, science, business, international development, humanities, and more. Many programs offer professional development workshops and social events to enhance the research experience of students and to prepare them for the Summer Undergraduate Research Symposium, where they will present their research project.
Learn Why Notre Dame
Undergraduate students who conduct research over the summer at the University of Notre Dame get more than real-world experience. They also get the opportunity to work alongside professionals in their field, like faculty and PhD students, building relationships through mentorship, social events and other interactions that can last a lifetime. See what some students have to say about their experience at Notre Dame in the following short videos:
Explore Summer Program Areas
Many units on campus provide funding opportunities for undergraduate students. The opportunities available below are organized by College, School, or Unit offering the opportunity. Please check the details of the program eligibility and deadline information. For information about Summer Session in general, please visit summersession.nd.edu.
College of Arts & Letters
- Institute for Scholarship in the Liberal Arts: Research Access and Mentoring Program
- Institute for Scholarship in the Liberal Arts: Undergraduate Research Opportunity Funding
- William J. Shaw Center for Children and Families: Summer Student Research Internship
College of Science
- Biological Sciences: Summer Research Opportunities
- Center for Computer Assisted Synthesis: Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF)
- College of Science: Summer Research Opportunities
- NSF Center for Computer Assisted Synthesis: Summer Undergraduate Research Experience for Students with Disabilities
- Physics and Astronomy: Research Experiences for Undergraduates
College of Engineering
- College of Engineering: Engineering Summer Research Opportunities (E-SURE)
- Materials Science and Engineering: Soft Materials for Applications in Sustainability and Healthcare (SMASH)
- SpectrumX: Undergraduate Traineeship and Internship Program
- Wireless Institute: Advanced Wireless Research Experiences (AWaRE)
The Graduate School
- Graduate School: Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP)
- Naughton Fellowships: Naughton Fellowship Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
Keough School of Global Affairs
- Kellogg Institute for International Studies / Kroc Institute for Peace Studies: Undergradate Research Grants
Notre Dame International
- Notre Dame International: International Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (iSURE)
Notre Dame Research
- Center for Research Computing: Summer Research Opportunities
- CI Compass: Student Fellowships Program for Undergraduates
- Notre Dame Energy: Vincent P. Slatt Fellowship for Undergraduate Research in Energy Systems and Processes
- Notre Dame Nanoscience and Technology: NDnano Undergraduate Research Fellowship (NURF)
- NDTL: NDTL Internship Program
Office of the Provost
- Lucy Family Institute for Data & Society: Summer Education and Engagement for Data Science (SEEDS)
To submit an undergraduate research opportunity to this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
Need more information?
For any questions about undergradaute research opportunities at the University of Notre Dame, please contact email@example.com.