Notre Dame Research Administration and Compliance (NDRAC) supports the University research community on the use of more than 100 different internal and external software systems used for proposal and award activities.
The Research Business Intelligence team (RBI) is experienced with using many types of external systems used in proposal and award activities and is available to provide support on systems related to submitting a proposal or managing a grant while working closely with the Research Development, Proposal Preparation, Award Management, and Compliance teams.
System Support Info
Cayuse is the University’s system of record for research administration and is used in proposal preparation, routing, and submission of grants, as well as award management.
Notre Dame principal investigators can log into Cayuse (using a Notre Dame NetID and password) in order to securely enter information about research subjects, intellectual property, export control, and conflict of interest.
PI Portal: The PI Portal provides the information needed to help manage sponsored programs in an easy to use format. To learn more about using the Portal, please visit https://research.nd.edu/our-services/award-management/pi-portal/
E-Protocol: The eProtocol system is used by the NDRA Compliance team to accommodate the electronic submission, routing, review, and monitoring of research protocols for IACUC and IRB. All submissions to the IACUC and IRB are required to be made through the eProtocol system.
ProQuest Pivot: a funding opportunities database that is easily searchable by all Notre Dame researchers, administrators, or anyone with a Notre Dame NetID. The comprehensive database, which includes federal, non-federal, foundation, and private opportunities from around the globe, is open to researchers in any discipline.
Grants.gov: A website for federal agencies to post funding opportunities and provides general information regarding federal grants. An account is not needed to search for grants. Contact the NDRA Pre-Award team if you find a grant that interests you
Login.Gov: The federal government’s secure sign in service used to sign in to participating government agency websites and systems.
- Create your account at https://login.gov/help/get-started/create-your-account/ and obtain help at https://login.gov/help/.
Research.Gov: The Nation Science Foundation’s (NSF) grant management system replacing FastLane. Research.Gov provides quick access to research information and grants management services.
- General Help: https://www.research.gov/research-web/content/rgovfaq and https://www.research.gov/common/robohelp/public/WebHelp/Research.htm#Welcome_to_the_Research_gov_Help_System.htm
- Creating a Research.Gov account: https://www.research.gov/accountmgmt/#/registration
- When participating in a proposal, you will need the PI/co-PI role added to your fully completed NSF/Research.Gov account:
- Sign into Research.Gov
- Select the “My Profile” link located on the top right of the screen.
- Select the “Add a New Role” option from the left navigation bar.
- Select “Principal Investigator (PI/co-PI)”.
- After requesting the role, NDRA will receive the request electronically to approve or disapprove it.
- Complete or update your account/profile by adding in any missing or updated information.
- Questions about NSF BioSketch/Current & Pending Fillable PDF? https://www.research.gov/common/attachment/Desktop/NSFPDF-FAQs.pdf
- SciENcv Frequently Asked Questions? https://www.research.gov/common/attachment/Desktop/SciENcv-FAQs.pdf
eRA Commons: The National Institute of Health’s (NIH) on-line system for applicants and institutions where they can access and share administrative information relating to research grants.
- For General Help and how to create an account, go to https://www.era.nih.gov/erahelp/commons/ or contact RBI or your Pre-Award contact
- Keep your personal information up to date: https://www.era.nih.gov/register-accounts/manage-personal-profile.htm
- PIs new to Notre Dame do not need to establish a new Commons account. You'll just need to affiliate Notre Dame to your existing Commons account by requesting that RBI affiliate your existing Commons account with Notre Dame. https://www.era.nih.gov/files/switching_institutions.pdf
- eRA Commons requires two-factor authentication for all individuals listed there as principal investigators and senior/key personnel.
Meet the Team
Research Business Intelligence, Systems, and Operations Director
Research Business Intelligence Analyst
Research Business Intelligence Analyst
Associate Vice President for Research
Business Process Manager
Need More Information?
For more information on any of the systems support services or reporting, please email the Research Business Intelligence Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.