Research and Proposal Development
The Research Development (RD) Team is available to assist faculty in developing a successful research portfolio.
The RD Team can provide faculty with expert guidance on connecting to potential resources, collaborators, and funding, as well as cultivating relationships with federal, state, and corporate funding agencies.
The team also serves Notre Dame faculty by helping to develop high quality, competitive proposals that lead to success. As part of the proposal development services offered by Notre Dame Research, the team can assist individual faculty or faculty teams with complex proposals, including reviews by technical experts.
The full suite of services offered include:
- Hosting of federal agency program officers on campus.
- Visits to federal funding agencies to discuss faculty research interests.
- Connecting faculty to proposal development specialists at all phases of developing a proposal.
- Providing technical proposal reviews, or reviews by federal or military advisors, prior to submission.
- Grant writing workshops.
- Support for development of large, complex proposals or multi-institutional proposals.
- Advising faculty on how to build a successful research program.
- Other support services, as appropriate. (Please contact the Research Development Program Director to discuss.)
Meet the Team
Research Development Program Director
Associate Vice President for Research, Biophysics Instrumentation Core Facility Faculty Director
Academic Advancement Director
Research Development Working Group
- Heather Boyd, Research Development Program Director
- Patricia Clark, Associate Vice President for Research, Biophysics Instrumentation Core Facility Faculty Director
- Dave Delgado, Research Security Program Director
- Brian Fogarty, Director of Center for Social Science Research
- Mike Hildreth, Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies
- Derek Lake, Associate Director of NDnano
- Ronald Metoyer, Associate Dean for College of Engineering
- Jarek Nabrzyski, Faculty Director of Center for Research Computing (CRC)
- Prakash Nallathamby, Associate Director of Berthiaume Institute for Precision Health (BIPH)
- Jonathan Noble, Senior Assistant Provost for Internationalization
- Jill Pentimonti, Director of Research Advancement
- Arnie Phifer, Associate Director of Berthiaume Institute for Precision Health (BIPH)
- David Ross, Pre-Award Services Senior Director
- Tom Scrace, Director of Foundation Relations
- Subhash Shinde, Associate Director of Center for Sustainable Energy at Notre Dame (ND Energy)
- Michael Sweikar, Executive Director of Pulte Institute for Global Development
- Josh Tullis, Managing Program Director of SpectrumX
- Josh Tychonievich, Research Development Program Director
The RD Team consists of federal and military research agency advisors, as well as proposal development specialists. The RD Team works closely with the following offices at the University, including:
- Office of Corporate & Foundation Relations
- Office of Federal and Washington Relations
- Office of Public Affairs
Need More Information?
For relevant forms, codes, and policies, please visit the Resource Library.