The Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) at the University of Notre Dame is responsible for the review and approval of research conducted at or sponsored by the University which involves the use of recombinant DNA or hazardous materials. These materials include, but are not limited to, infectious agents, oncogenic agents, chemical carcinogens, or other agents which may place research personnel, the public, or the environment at risk.
IBC Appointed Members
- Eric Felde, JD, CIP, Director, Research Compliance
- Kelly Jolliff (Local, Non-Affiliated), Infection Prevention Coordinator, Memorial Hospital of South Bend
- Eric Kloss, MS, CSP, Associate Director, Risk Management & Safety
- Joseph O’Tousa, PhD, Professor, Biological Sciences
- Lisa Phillips, MS, CHMM, CHO, SMS, Lab Safety Compliance Program Manager, Risk Management & Safety
- Mary Prorok, PhD (Chair), Assistant Chair, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Robin Vida (Local, Non-Affiliated), Director of Health Education, St. Joseph County Health Department
Upcoming IBC Meeting Dates
The IBC meets every other month. New protocols should be submitted at least 5 business days before the meeting for review.
- August 23, 2017
- November 1, 2017
- December 20, 2017
Need More Information?
For questions on biosafety please contact email@example.com.
For general information on Risk Management and Safety at the University of Notre Dame, please see http://riskmanagement.nd.edu/.